Got a chance to do some playtesting of Green-Circuit Mercs yesterday, and while the feedback was very valuable, it was clear there’s a lot of changes and a lot of balance needed before the game is ready for publication.
As the deadline for this is in less than a week, unfortunately I don’t think its possible to make these changes and playtest the revisions in a timely fashion to get it done and ready to go; that’s the downside to having only once/twice-a-week opportunities for game playtesting, something I’ll touch on in the closing thoughts. Still, several players expressed interest in playing/buying a final version of the game, and I’d rather revise it until it’s a solid hit concept rather than generate a bunch of assets and rush the publication of a game I know isn’t mechanically sound just to hit the contest deadline.
Revising our schedule to account for this, we get:
Cardboard Edison Award: January 31st
- Holy Press: Submitted, at Prototype step
Trick Taker Challenge: March 6th
- Green-Circuit Mercs: Not submitted, at playtesting step
- 2017 Northwest Luci Award: April 7th
- Alien Ambassadors
- Button Shy Wallet Game Contest: April 23rd
- Boatbuilders: Playtesting step
- Mamuki: Playtesting step
- Thunderglyph Survival game contest: April 30th
- Hunter’s Quarry: Design step
- Big Box Challenge: June 5th
- No design yet
- Gamelords Dungeon Crawler Challenge: August 15th
- No design yet, although I have a strong inclination to use a previously-shelved rough outline idea for a Legacy-style dungeon delve game.
The detailed breakdown of the feedback and my thoughts/changes on them is below the cut!